Available Job Positions
Experienced Veterinary Technician
- 1 Part-time weekends and holidays
- Current Certified Veterinary Technician license for the state of Minnesota. Non-credentialed technicians may be considered with extensive emergency technician experience.
- All applicants must have 2+ years as a technician in a veterinary practice.
- Triage and obtain patient history
- Transfusion Medicine
- Feline conscious handling and care
- Phlebotomy and IV catheter placement
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Strong mathematical skills
- Intravenous fluid delivery and monitoring
- Attentive and compassionate nursing care
- Enteral feeding support
- Knowledge of IDEXX in-house laboratory equipment
- Surgical assisting and anesthesia monitoring
- Competitive wages
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- On the Floor @ Dove membership
- Continuing Education support
- Uniform allowance
- And more!
South Metro Animal Emergency Care in Apple Valley has been treating sick and injured pets for over 28 years. Our dedicated staff understands how frightening pet emergencies and illness can be, and we’re committed to treating patients as if they were our own. Come be a part of our team! Contact our Practice Manager, Annette Jones MAEd, BA, CVT for more information about this position at [email protected] or 952-686-4866.
Experienced Relief Veterinarian
South Metro Animal Emergency Care is looking for an experienced emergency veterinarian for relief shift coverage. Immediate needs for short term leave coverage and on-going coverage throughout the year including holidays.
Working Shifts and Pay
Monday – Friday nights 6 pm – 8 am
Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays 8 am – 8 pm or 8 pm – 8 am or 12p-12a
Relief veterinarians are paid a base hourly rate or a percentage of production, whichever is greater.
All Doctors must maintain Standards of AAHA including the following qualifications:
Communication Skills and Medical Knowledge – The candidate can effectively take a history from the owner of the pet and following a thorough physical exam clearly explain their recommended diagnostic workup, results of the diagnostics and their recommended treatment plan.
Compassion – The candidate will have compassion for pets, their owners and coworkers.
Customer Service Skills – Excellent customer service skills that provides the client with attentive, courteous and informative service.
Dedication – The candidate will demonstrate dedication to the profession.
Team Player – The candidate can work closely with the support staff to deliver exceptional patient care and service to clients.
Candidates should send their CV/resume to [email protected]